We are a part of the 21st century: a century that breathes in fashion. Everywhere we go, we find people eager to stay up to date with the latest trends in design and patterns. Coco Chanel, one of the greatest designers in the world personally feels that fashion is not something that is limited only to the shimmering dresses that we wear. Fashion exists everywhere. It is seen in the streets, in the skies, in the clothes we wear, in the way we think, and in the way we choose to approach ideas. Even if you are looking for a gift, to give to someone close, fashion is a perfect choice. It could include anything: shoes, bags, clothes, or even watches. Watches might normally sound ‘old fashioned’, but even these are gaining popularity now. The best among the vast ocean of watches include:
- WOODEN WATCHES
Freshly carved, wooden watches add a dash of smartness to a dull evening dress. Their immaculately lined sharp edges make them the perfect choice for an evening outside. The features of such watches include:
- Since they are made using wood, the usage of harmful instruments like glass, battery, pins and clasp is avoided.
- The manufacture of these watches is done using cutting edge, Swiss Ronda movement technology, which gives them an edge over other watches.
- There is either limited or no use of artificial color while making these watches. Watches are made using wood of various colors, naturally adding to the vibrancy in its look. Therefore, handmade watches bask in their natural glory.
- Wooden watches have a specialty. Once worn, they look as natural as your own wrist. The wood that is used to make these watches is naturally extracted and has a pattern that is as unique as the DNA of a person.
2. HANDMADE WATCHES: Before the beginning of the Second World War, the United States was considered as a pioneer in the making of handmade watches. Even though there are great brands like Hamilton, Bulova and Waltham that manufacture these watches, they are rarely used at present. The reason for this is that these watches are not only difficult to make and cumbersome to transport, they are extremely expensive to carry from place to place. After the War, Switzerland took US’s place in becoming one of the greatest producers of handmade watches.
3. OVI WATCHES: These are one of the best Swiss wooden watches made. They are beautiful to look at as they are specially designed using the rich wood of cherry, walnut, elm and chestnut. Once these are made, they are carefully wrapped up in natty coverings of calfskin straps, Swiss movements, and gleaming sapphire glass.
These are the finest and the choicest of watches available in the market at present. They would make an amazing gift to give to anyone, of any age. They are specially customized according to the needs of the person and with their superior quality, they would leave you smiling throughout the day.